Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Few Things it is Helpful to Accept About Life

Dear Ones,

Recently a friend introduced me to a friend of hers, and her blog. Bonnie Gintis D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) has been walking a similar path to mine.  While I haven't had a chance to read everything, I do want to share Bonnie's words.  Reading this over this morning has allowed me to again clarify and expand my own truths and knowings. So, to Bonnie first:

Bonnie Gintis Health Update

The Cancer "Brouhaha" & Gratitude (Not Necessarily Connected)

"It's shocking when someone you know is diagnosed with cancer. It's even more frightful when that person is one of the healthiest people you know. What could be more distressing than a cancer diagnosis in someone who is considered an expert in sensing and perceiving the structure and function of the body? How does a person cope with learning that one of the people on whom they rely for reassurance about their health has gotten cancer themselves?

"There is no way to make sense of this situation, so let's not waste precious life energy thinking we can figure this out or draw any conclusions.


"I find it helpful to accept a few things about life:
Life is not fair. It doesn't always make sense.
Cause and effect is not only not obvious; it frequently doesn't exist.
There is no such thing as life without problems.
No one is perfect or immune from misfortune.
Assigning blame does not help.
There's no cosmic meaning inherent in being given a "life lesson" like cancer.
The only meaning I care about is the one I create. (This is not the same as "positive thinking." I'll say more about this in a future entry.)
At this point, why or how I got this cancer is unknowable.
What really matters is how I meet it now that it's here."
she continues here.
a beautiful foundation
Reading Bonnie's words helps reminded me about these things, to remember that it really is all about how I meet what I find in my lap.

For me, in this moment, it all distills down to this spiritual truth:

Our experiences bring us forward, to somewhere new that we often cannot imagine.  Spirit is taking us to a new level, preparing us for an expansion. Pain, misfortune, illness, challenges and grief all grow us into new people.  It is our choice how to respond to any situation, our choice to find the peace and love and lessons, our opportunity to allow ourselves to be molded and transformed through the love of Spirit.

With this, I continue to call myself forward into this process, with the prayer and the hope that I can hear and respond for the highest and best.  And with the trust that Spirit is incredibly patient, and she will love and support me, even if I stumble and doubt and fuss some days.

Blessings all,
~Amelia

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL WORDS FROM A BEAUTIFUL GODDESS SISTER. YOU ARE A GREAT INSPIRATION TO ME ABOUT THE TRUE MEANING OF STRENGTH AND STEADINESS. I CELEBRATE YOUR ABILITY TO BE EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO BE IN THIS EXPERIENCE. I APPLAUD YOUR SURRENDER TO THE PROCESS BY MOVING FORWARD INTO IT INSTEAD OF PUSHING AGAINST IT. I HOLD YOU WITH GREAT RESPECT IN THE DEEPEST PLACES OF MY HEART. MANY HUGS, ANG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove this post and reminder! Thank you & 4 big hugs from the 4 of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful and potent words. We aim to meet it all with grace and gratitude, and then we have our oh! too human moments. I guess it's the balance and the intent that matter; and most of all, love.

    ReplyDelete