Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Update from Longwood Gardens



Dear Ones,

Longwood Gardens has become our go-to place on our way home from CTCA.  We are there on a Thursday, and I am generally full of steroids and random energy that responds well to a good walk.  Longwood makes that walk very pretty and very special.

The quick update, it is a week out from my seventh infusion.  I am well, and feeling so many of the random side effects, muscle aches, neuropathy, random low-grade cold symptoms, GI pain.  All and all though, nothing too concerning, and my energy is good.  Probably too good, I continue to be challenged to rest enough!
I have one more infusion of Taxol, that will be the week after New Year's.  Wow- how quickly it has all gone, a blessing in itself.  Then on to radiation, we are expecting Tomotherapy, which allows a shorter series of treatments and is safer for surrounding organs, and that is expected to start in early February.  My sister Polly will be here to take care of Sarah, as we will need to be at CTCA four nights a week.

We are preparing to have a lovely Christmas. It has turned out to be wonderfully full, so this year we will celebrate Christmas Eve Eve, as well as our traditional Christmas Eve with dear friends.  That night as Laura and I go to the midnight service at St. Margaret's, Sarah will be off to Dad's for their Christmas.  Then, we will fly to Colorado to join all of Laura's family in Creede and begin the celebrations anew! From what was looking like a small, uneventful Christmas, since we are in a rental and have none of our stuff, it has become a delightful event.  For me, the rule simply has to be rest, rest, rest, so that I can enjoy it all.  Have I mentioned the herd? Yes, horses in Colorado, so Sarah is very excited!

Here is a picture tour of Longwood from our last two visits.  It is a magical place and we are so grateful to have it to visit!

Photos start with our visit last week. It had been such a full day that we didn't arrive until late afternoon, so we got to enjoy the magical lights.


















Daylight visit on Thanksgiving Day:








Much love, thanks for sharing this moment of beauty, as well as our journey,

~Amelia

1 comment:

  1. Amelia, for some reason I cannot see any of the pictures! It might be on my end, just thought I'd let you know. <3

    ~sara P.

    ReplyDelete