Monday, July 11, 2011

MRI Results and ND visit

Dear Ones,

I got a call from Dr. Drogula's office this morning, the MRI came back all clear, no additional lesions in either breast, no concerns. So that is very good news and the wide excision/lumpectomy surgery will proceed as planned next Monday.

As soon as I finished with that call it was time for our consult with a Stephanie Porter, ND, she is a Naturopath whose specialty is oncology. It was very helpful, basically continue what I have been doing for health and in preparation for surgery with a few additions. Right now it is all about high immune function, not upsetting the anesthesiologist, and low inflammation levels.

She has good local resources and insights to different choices down the road. And firmly reminded me that there is plenty of time to collect all the information I need after surgery to make the best choice for me.

It was also really helpful to talk with another holistic health professional and be reminded that I am the one having the experience and it is mine to dive into. As practitioners we hold a lot for others, and learn not to take it in too deeply, to maintain a professional boundary. In this case I need to remember it is me, and step fully into the experience.

I'm sure Laura will have many other insights, and that's the report for the moment.

Blessings all,
Amelia



2 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear that Amelia! <3 We love you and are sending you best wishes and prayers. :)

    ~Sara and Thomas Park

    ReplyDelete