Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good News Today

Dear Ones,

As you probably remember, Laura and I were back at CTCA this week for follow-up and a PET/CT, which is frankly just looking for spread of the cancer. They call it a "new baseline."

We got the results yesterday, And the test came back clear, "no evidence of disease." Blessed be!

So time for us to take a deep breath, feel a lot of relief, and gently step back into life, the new one that isn't quite like our old one.


My system was quite challenged by the radiation, and my immune system is still very diminished -so it may be slow, and with very limited crowds and hugging for awhile still.

Short term, I am focusing on getting our "new" home ready to move into, painting is good P/T and is helping me get my strength back. Then I will focus on getting back to work, etc. As I hope you remember, I hung up my super-woman cape at the outset so am really looking to be gentle and patient with myself in this new process.

Thank you all for your prayers, assistance, and love this year; Laura, Sarah, and I have felt and appreciated them greatly,

Many blessings and Happy Easter,

~Amelia and Laura

3 comments:

  1. This is a post that makes Easter beautiful for all of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God! I am so happy to hear the news. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been caught up in my own life drama and have missed your posts since Jan. So happy to see this one! Glad you have gotten the medical all clear and can continue to increase your energy and vitality. God bless and keep on healing!
    Love
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete