Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dejavu - here we go again!

Dear Ones,

Up early for broth today. Since I'm not having surgery until 2pm I am allowed to have clear liquids before 6am. So we are watching the sunrise and drinking broth. It is a lovely way to start the day until my mind wanders back to why we are doing this.


And then I get to pause and rest back and trust.

So the plan for the day is simpler than the last surgery, at least for me before hand.

Arrive at BWMC at noon for prep. Surgery for axillary dissection and medi-cath placement at 2pm.

Laura will be with me, with two dear friends for support. Thankfully Kat has a break in the afternoon, so she will be back with us.

Laura will post here later this afternoon with updates and details.

Two surgeries in two weeks seems really big. Another opportunity to release that which no longer serves me, allowing my body to shift and heal.

This morning I am in a place of deep gratitude for my lymphatic system. It has been working hard to do what it can to protect and heal me and this is simply a case where it has now been too deeply involved to be protective in this area anymore.

The rest of my system just doesn't understand why we are up so early drinking broth. I'm not hungry for it and it is still sleep time. I reassure it that this will help me feel better later and that now we will nap a bit.

Hugs and love to you all! And thank you, thank you, thank you for all the birthday greetings!

Many blessings,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment