Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nnign







Hi Folks,

While neither of us are total fans of "no news is good news," it really does apply right now. :-)

Amelia is in good spirits and releasing the effects of general anesthesia smoothly. The pain is well-managed with the medication, and she's been up and out of bed a bit today.

Please refer back to Amelia's Monday morning post and keep filling that fountain of love as she continues to draw from it.

One thing Amelia is very conscious of right now is how helpful her choice to sequester herself has been. In her words: "by stepping out of day to day life, I allowed myself the opportunity to experience only my journey and my story. I consulted with those I trust and was able to sink in and choose a path that feels consistent with who I am. While I honor, appreciate and understand the value of other's experiences with cancer, it has helped me to step to the side of this so I only had to carry my own experience."

Please understand this serves us both and we plan to continue with this focus for the time being. We are having a different experience with cancer than what it seems our culture expects.

Much Love,
Laura and Amelia

And a p.s. from Amelia, "the best solution to nausea is vomiting, just "sayin'."

1 comment:

  1. I continue to feel inspired not only by your words, but, more significantly, by the integrity and honesty that gives birth to them.

    Finding our own truth, our own path is hard enough; staying true to it when it goes against the cultural norms is the real test.

    Thank you for taking such good care of yourself and being such awesome role models!

    Keeping the fountain flowing.

    ReplyDelete